These are a list of the common duties assigned to the PCirc contact at each library. This list is not exhaustive and not all duties may be performed by the same person at each location. It instead stands as a reminder of the side functions that need to be performed in addition to the daily processing.
SearchOhio/OhioLINK duties for PCIRC Contact
1. Serve as point person within SearchOhio and OhioLINK systems for circ-related issues.
a. Searches – Initialize search process for items. Monitor and notify patrons of progress.
b. Snags – Email circ contact at other library for things returned missing a part.
c. Billed items – Serve as point of contact for patrons with billed items. Often this involves a search.
d. Run monthly reports.
e. Monthly create list of items in catalog that are “offsite” and having local patrons waiting for them. After list is created, place item level-hold for each item. This should block off-site patron from renewing this item. .
f. Update contact info. SearchOhio: http://searchohio.westervillelibrary.org/index.php/Library_MembersOhioLINK: https://sites.google.com/site/pcirclist/Home.
2. Request an OStaff account. Several of the OhioLINK staff only pages require this sign on and a password, including the listserves page. https://www.ohiolink.edu/ostaff/ostaffaccounts.html
3. Join SearchOhio listserv. (See WPL Tech contact. He or she can create an account for you.) Monitor this list. Reply to circ related issues.
4. Join OhioLINK listserv (https://www.ohiolink.edu/forms/ohiolink_email_listserv_assistance ). There are several OhioLINK lists. Join the one labeled PCIRC.
5. Monitor the staff pages on OhioLINK’s website for information and changes: https://www.ohiolink.edu/ostaff/.
6. Act as point person for the Material Processors a. Train. b. Make sure they have adequate supplies (labels, bags, envelopes, etc). c. If staff person is off, make sure their duties are completed. d. Problem-solve issues as they arise.
7. Attend SearchOhio and OhioLINK meetings as scheduled.